Re: [NOVICE] Specific database vars, again... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rene Schickbauer
Subject Re: [NOVICE] Specific database vars, again...
Date
List pgsql-general
Glus Xof wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Maybe, I didn't explain my question enough.
>
> I need to record properties that belongs to an specific database (and
> so, they work at database level... not at global scope:
>
> * Could I use the \set statements ? but... the vars defined are not in
> a database scope but a global, aren't they ?... furthermore, could
> save these vars when try to dump the database ??? )
>
> * Or, must to create an specific one-row table ?.

The first things to ask is: Do multiple transactions change this data?
What is something goes wrong - do you need rollback to work?

Anyway, a table with one or only a few rows is very likely to be cached
in RAM by postgres anyway if you access it regulary. So performance
shouldn't be an issue.

LG
Rene