Re: testing HS/SR - 1 vs 2 performance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: testing HS/SR - 1 vs 2 performance
Date
Re: testing HS/SR - 1 vs 2 performance  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 11:29 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> How does the attached patch look like? It's probably similar to what you
>> had in mind.
>
> It looks like a second version of what I'm working on and about to
> publish. I'll take that as a compliment!
>
> My patch is attached here also, for discussion.
>
> The two patches look same in their main parts, though I have quite a few
> extra tweaks in there, which you can read about in comments.

Yeah. Yours seems a lot more complex with all those extra tweaks, I
would suggest to keep it simple. I did realize one bug in my patch: I
didn't handle xid wraparound correctly in the binary search, need to use
TransactionIdFollows instead of plan >.