Re: gist README typo - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: gist README typo
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> This patch wouldn't apply for me for some reason (mangled
> whitespace?)
Yup.  Somehow I stripped trailing spaces off of lines.  I think my
editor was being a bit too "helpful".  I'll try to watch that.
Although, maybe we should clean up trailing spaces in READMEs?:
find -name '*README*' | xargs egrep -c ' +$' | grep -v ':0'
./contrib/README:3
./doc/README.mb.big5:13
./doc/README.mb.jp:21
./src/backend/storage/lmgr/README:2
./src/backend/storage/buffer/README:1
./src/backend/storage/freespace/README:1
./src/backend/storage/ipc/README:1
./src/backend/libpq/README.SSL:1
./src/backend/nodes/README:2
./src/backend/access/gist/README:22
./src/backend/access/nbtree/README:1
./src/backend/access/gin/README:16
./src/backend/utils/mmgr/README:1
./src/backend/optimizer/plan/README:17
./src/backend/optimizer/README:1
./src/backend/port/darwin/README:1
./src/bin/pg_dump/README:3
./src/interfaces/ecpg/README.dynSQL:1
./src/tools/backend/README:1
./src/tools/msvc/README:4
./src/tools/pgindent/README:3
./src/test/locale/README:1
./src/test/thread/README:4
./README:1
> It seems like this README could use a bit more editing to make it
> read better if anyone is so inclined, although certainly the
> meaning is clear enough.
I think the same could be said for many of the README files.  In
particular, some of them don't seem to have fully adjusted to being
fact, rather than proposal.  I'll add it to my list of things to
consider working on.
-Kevin