Re: Getting the initdb parameter values - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Getting the initdb parameter values
Date
List pgsql-admin
Satish Burnwal (sburnwal) wrote:

> I have an existing postgres database and I want to know what are the
> values of the parameters that were determined during initdb. Is there
> any way to know those values ?

I normally use:

select name,current_setting(name) from pg_settings where
source='configuration file'

To figure out all the things that were set at initdb time from a new
running database.  You can also look at the postgresql.conf file it
generated and search for lines that are not commented out with "#" at
the start.