Re: Use UNKNOWN with PL/Perl spi_prepare()? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Use UNKNOWN with PL/Perl spi_prepare()?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

David E. Wheeler wrote:
> Yes, I would use unknown, because as you said, in Perl the types of values are unknown.
>
> DBD::Pg makes extensive use of unknown for prepares.

It has been suggested in the past that we should have a full DBD
interface in plperl, and indeed there was such an animal at one stage,
although it was not compatibly licensed, and it is probably now way out
of date.

The current plperl interface back into the database is a *much* thinner
veneer over SPI than a DBD interface would be. Someone could start a
project for a DBD interface for plperl, but it would be a non-trivial
amount of work, and it should probably not be done piecemeal.

cheers

andrew