Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per
Date
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> I am surprised at your arguments for simplicity. With Hot Standby you
> have insisted that everything should be in place. With SR you seem to
> have just stopped at a barely working, poorly documented implementation.

That's opposite to my recollection of the hot standby development. I
simplified and ripped out a lot of stuff from the original patch.

If you insist, I'll work out a patch to send a signal to startup process
after every fsync(), but it really doesn't seem very important given
that there's always a delay there anyway.

> We both know you can fix these things easily and quickly. Please do so.

That's a plural form. What's the other thing you're referring to?

> Not because I say so, but because everybody else will soon notice that
> you could have and did not.

Bollocks.