Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per
Date
In response to Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Check compulsory parameters in recovery.conf in standby_mode, per  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> If you insist, I'll work out a patch to send a signal to startup process
> after every fsync(), but it really doesn't seem very important given
> that there's always a delay there anyway.

Agreed. Even if we get rid of the delay of startup process, it would still
take time until the committed transaction has become visible in the standby.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center