compilation problem with readline - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Anjan Dave
Subject compilation problem with readline
Date
Re: compilation problem with readline  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
List pgsql-admin

Hi,

I need help compiling 7.4.7 please… It’s not able to find readline library, when the package is already installed…

checking for readline... no

configure: error: readline library not found

If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the

failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.

Use --without-readline to disable readline support.

#

# rpm -qa | grep readline

readline-4.3-7

# rpm -ql readline-4.3-7

/usr/lib/libhistory.so.4

/usr/lib/libhistory.so.4.3

/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4

/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.3

/usr/share/info/history.info.gz

/usr/share/info/readline.info.gz

/usr/share/info/rluserman.info.gz

/usr/share/man/man3/history.3.gz

/usr/share/man/man3/readline.3.gz

I tried to use ‘./configure –with-libraries=/usr/lib’ but that didn’t work either.

I read a post where Tom suggested to have termcap, which is also installed on the system.

]# rpm -qa | grep termcap

termcap-11.0.1-17

libtermcap-2.0.8-36

Do I need something additional?

Thanks,
Anjan

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use of the
addressee(s) only and may be confidential and covered by the attorney/client
and other privileges.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance on
the contents of this information; and delete it from your system. Any other
use of this e-mail is prohibited.