Re: segfault in pg 8.4, CurrentResourceOwner == NULL while processing SIGTERM - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: segfault in pg 8.4, CurrentResourceOwner == NULL while processing SIGTERM
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 19/03/2010 8:34 PM, Dennis Koegel wrote:

> We automatically SIGTERM long running queries (bad situation, of
> course, but necessary under certain load conditions here). This has
> been the case for 8.1 as well and worked fine ever since. Even with
> 8.4 it works fine most of the time.

I'm not saying the crash doesn't need fixing, _but_: why not use
statement_timeout instead?

Are you trying to get rid of idle backends, too, or backends that're
just transferring data to the client?

--
Craig Ringer