Re: Postgres 8.4 Segfault on xpath - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank jansen
Subject Re: Postgres 8.4 Segfault on xpath
Date
List pgsql-general
Am 15.03.2010 12:56, schrieb Magnus Hagander:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:47, Dimitri Fontaine<dfontaine@hi-media.com>  wrote:
>
>> Frank jansen<jansen@fumarium.de>  writes:
>>
>>> I tried postgres 8.4.0 and 8.4.2 self compiled with  elf compiled contrib
>>> directory,  tried Debians 8.4 backport package with the 8.4 contrib package
>>> and all do the same: Segfault and terminated by Signal 11 :-(
>>>
>> Try 8.4.3, which has some XML crash related fix:
>>   http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-8-4-3.html
>>
> Note that 8.4.3 hasn't actually been released yet though - that's the
> developer version of the docs.
>
> Expect it out before tomorrow, though ;-)

Thanks for the tip with 8.4.3, its already available at the ftp mirrors :-)

Now with 8.4.3 the scripts work, but only until it has eaten up my
memory (4 gig).
The function above is executed for ~40000 items, with iteration steps of
300 items, every step memery consumption is increasing till the machine
hangs and process dies.
I am now looking into closing the database connection after every
iteration, hoping this helps.

I am bit concerned cause in postgres 8.3.1 it is/was working fine.

Kind regards,

Frank Jansen