Re: Unable to connect to Postgres database from email marketing software on the same host - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Unable to connect to Postgres database from email marketing software on the same host
Date
List pgsql-general
On 15/03/2010 11:24, Major Services wrote:

> I have an email marketing software installed on the same server as
> PostgresSQL database.
> Am unable to connect  to the database from this application. The
> database owner is dbadmin.
>
> My pg_hba.conf has one  entry as:
>
> local all dbadmin trust
>
> What other setup is required for this?

If the application is connecting via TCP/IP, I think you need a "host"
rule for that:

   host    all    dbadmin   127.0.0.1/32     trust

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie