Re: Problems with wxWidgets 2.6 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Problems with wxWidgets 2.6
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 11/03/2010 20:48, Vinicius Borges a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install pgadmin3-1.4.3 and when I do

Why do you try to install pgAdmin 1.4 when the latest release is 1.10.2?

> $# ./configure
>
> appears an error:

> checking libpq-fe.h presence... yes
> checking for libpq-fe.h... yes
> checking pgsql in /usr/local/pgsql... ok
> checking for wxWidgets... yes
>
>   Warning: No config found to match: /usr/local/bin/wx-config --cppflags
> --unicode=yes --debug=no --version=2.6
>            in /usr/local/lib/wx/config
>   If you require this configuration, please install the desired
>   library build.  If this is part of an automated configuration
>   test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.
>   You may use wx-config --list to see all configs available in
>   the default prefix.

It means your installed release of wxWidgets:
* doesn't support unicode (which pgAdmin needs)
* or is a debug release (and you didn't specify you want a debug release of pgAdmin)
* or is not a 2.6 release

According to the end of your message, I guess it is either 1 or 2. A
best guess is that your wxWidgets release isn't compiled with unicode
support. Can you tell us how you did configure wxWidgets?

>   Warning: No config found to match: /usr/local/bin/wx-config --static=no
> --libs --unicode=yes --debug=no --version=2.6
>            in /usr/local/lib/wx/config
>   If you require this configuration, please install the desired
>   library build.  If this is part of an automated configuration
>   test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.
>   You may use wx-config --list to see all configs available in
>   the default prefix.

I suppose the issue here is with unicode also.

>   Warning: No config found to match: /usr/local/bin/wx-config --static=no
> --libs stc,ogl --unicode=yes --debug=no --version=2.6
>            in /usr/local/lib/wx/config
>   If you require this configuration, please install the desired
>   library build.  If this is part of an automated configuration
>   test and no other errors occur, you may safely ignore it.
>   You may use wx-config --list to see all configs available in
>   the default prefix.

I suppose the issue here is with unicode also.

I can also be that you didn't compile the contrib module of wxWidgets.

> configure: error: Your wxWidgets installation cannot support pgAdmin in the
> selected configuration. This may be because it was configured without the
> --enable-unicode option, or the combination of dynamic/static linking and
> debug/non-debug libraries selected did not match any installed wxWidgets
> libraries.

> How can I solve this?

Tell us your configure line for wxWidgets. Use --enable-unicode if you
didn't.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com