LDAP Login Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Robst
Subject LDAP Login Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am having a problem with authentication using LDAP on PostgreSQL 8.4.2.

The problem seems to be limited to which attribute is specified in the
ldapprefix. If I specify "uid=" and then try login using the username
"trobst" (which is the value in the ldap db) I get an error:

host    all         all         192.168.1.0/24        ldap
ldapserver=ldap.thermocable.com ldapprefix="uid="
ldapsuffix=",cn=Staff,dc=thermocable,dc=com"

LOG:  LDAP login failed for user
"uid=trobst,cn=Staff,dc=thermocable,dc=com" on server
"ldap.thermocable.com": error code 49
FATAL:  LDAP authentication failed for user "trobst"

However if I specify the ldapprefix to be "cn=" and login using the
username "Tom Robst" it all works fine.

host    all         all         192.168.1.0/24        ldap
ldapserver=ldap.thermocable.com ldapprefix="cn="
ldapsuffix=",cn=Staff,dc=thermocable,dc=com"

Any help would be appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Tom Robst