Re: double and numeric conversion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yeb Havinga
Subject Re: double and numeric conversion
Date
Re: double and numeric conversion
List pgsql-hackers
Theo Schlossnagle wrote:
> I didn't look deeply at the postgres internals to see if there was a way to do double -> numeric and integer-types ->
numericwithout intermediary string format.  If that sort of thing is easy to leverage, I'd be happy to share the code.

I think your code could be valuable for postgres on the fact alone that
it is almost twice as fast, and probably easy to integrate and unit
test. We make heavy use of the numeric data type, so I'm very interested!

regards
Yeb Havinga