Re: How to grant a user read-only access to a database? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: How to grant a user read-only access to a database?
Date
Re: How to grant a user read-only access to a database?  (Said Ramirez <sramirez@vonage.com>)
List pgsql-general
On 02/03/2010 14:56, Thom Brown wrote:

>> But I still need to define access to each table separately?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Antonio.
>>

> As far as I'm aware.  It's only in the upcoming version 9.0 that you
> can do things like:
>
> GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA public TO readonly;
>
> Other folk on here may have some alternative suggestions though.

I think people have in the past posted queries that extract the table
names from the system catalogues and then grant privileges on them....
it might be worthwhile having a trawl through the archives.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie