Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN on server, asynchronous processing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kiriakos Georgiou
Subject Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN on server, asynchronous processing
Date
List pgsql-general
If I'm understanding you correctly, you want a job queue.

This involves polling and retrieving jobs to work on them.  The polling can be assisted by listen/notify so workers
don'tpoll unnecessarily.  The retrieving has to be done intelligently to avoid concurrency issues.

Kiriakos Georgiou
http://mockbites.com/about/email