Re: Explain buffers display units. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Explain buffers display units.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark wrote:<br /><blockquote cite="mid:407d949e1002151544y53f6da3dmb7fe7a5b39cce41a@mail.gmail.com"
type="cite"><prewrap="">We do *not* display raw block numbers anywhere else. Generally I think

we should have a policy of outputing human-readable standard units of
memory whenever displaying a memory quantity. Actually I thought we
0transaction log file(s) added, 0 removed, 98 recycled; write=112.281 s, sync=108.809 s, total=221.166 s</font><br
/><br/><blockquote cite="mid:407d949e1002151544y53f6da3dmb7fe7a5b39cce41a@mail.gmail.com" type="cite"><pre wrap="">
Probablythe XML schema should include the units as an attribute for

each tag so tools don't have to hard-code knowledge about what unit
trulymachine-targeted output formats to include specifically BLCKSZ somewhere in their header--just so there's a

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:greg@2ndQuadrant.com">greg@2ndQuadrant.com</a>   <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="http://www.2ndQuadrant.us">www.2ndQuadrant.us</a>

</pre>