Re: Testing with concurrent sessions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Date
Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
List pgsql-hackers
[off-list to avoid distracting from the 9.0 wrap-up effort]
Markus Wanner <markus@bluegap.ch> wrote:
> Quoting "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>:
>> I strongly encourage you to set that up on git.postgresql.org.
>
> I'm about to provide git repositories for Postgres-R anyway, so
> I've setup two projects on git.postgres-r.org:
>
> dtester: that's the driver/harness code
> postgres-dtests: a Postgres clone with the dtester patch applied -
> this is based on the Postgres git repository, so you can easily
> switch between Postgres branches.
I just got to the point of having what appears to be a working but
poorly optimized version of serializable transactions, so it is
critical that I create a good set of tests to confirm correct
behavior and monitor for regressions as I optimize.  I see that
you've been working on dtester recently -- should I grab what you've
got here, stick with 0.1, or do you want to package something?  If I
should pull from your git, any hints on the best git statements to
merge that in are welcome, I'm still rather new to git, and I tend
not to get things right on a first try without some hints.  :-/
Thanks again for this tool!
-Kevin