Re: Writeable CTEs patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject Re: Writeable CTEs patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2010-02-05 07:14 UTC+2, Takahiro Itagaki wrote:

> Marko Tiikkaja <marko.tiikkaja@cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
>
>> Here's an updated patch.  Only changes from the previous patch are
>> fixing the above issue and a regression test for it.
>
> * In the regression tests, almost all of them don't have ORDER BY clause.
>   They just work, but we might need ORDER BY to get robust output.
>   What did we do in other regression tests?

Looking at with.sql, it seems to use ORDER BY when it accesses data from
a table.  But obviously we can't do this if want to test
INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE .. RETURNING at the top level and returning.sql
seems to be relying on the fact that they come out in the same order
every time.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja