Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: BUG #5304: psql using conninfo fails in connecting to the server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 02/04/2010 01:23 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>> OK, this one includes pg_dump(all)/pg_restore and common.c from
>> bin/scripts (createdb, vacuumdb, etc). I still need to adjust the docs,
>> but other than that any remaining complaints?

> * expand_dbname is defined as a "bool" value in PQconnectdbParams()
>   and PQconnectStartParams(). But we should hide such a "bool" from
>   an user-visible API, and use an "int" instead?

Yes, I suppose there is precedence for that.

> * conninfo_array_parse() calls PQconninfoFree(str_options) as soon
>   as one "dbname" keyword is found. So if more than one "dbname"
>   keywords are unexpectedly specified in PQconnectdbParams(), the
>   str_options would be free()-ed doubly.

Great catch -- thank you!

Thanks for the review. I'll do a documentation update, make these
changes, and commit later today if I don't hear any other objections.

Joe