Re: Queries within a function

From: Ing. Marcos Orti­z Valmaseda
Subject: Re: Queries within a function
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

Queries within a function  (Mridula Mahadevan, )
 Re: Queries within a function  (Pavel Stehule, )
 Re: Queries within a function  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Queries within a function  (Mridula Mahadevan, )
 Re: Queries within a function  ("Ing. Marcos Orti­z Valmaseda", )
  Re: Queries within a function  (Mridula Mahadevan, )
 Re: Queries within a function  ("ramasubramanian", )
 Re: Queries within a function  (Віталій Тимчишин, )

Mridula Mahadevan wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I am running a bunch of queries within a function, creating some temp
> tables and populating them. When the data exceeds say, 100k the
> queries start getting really slow and timeout (30 min). when these are
> run outside of a transaction(in auto commit mode), they run in a few
> seconds. Any ideas on what may be going on and any postgresql.conf
> parameters etc that might help?
>
> Thanks

Do you put here the result of the explain command of the query?
Do you put here the postgresql.conf parameters that you have in your box?

Regards

"Para ser realmente grande, hay que estar con la gente, no por encima de ella."
                                                                   Montesquieu
Ing. Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
PostgreSQL System DBA && DWH -- BI Apprentice

Centro de Tecnologías de Almacenamiento y Análisis de Datos (CENTALAD)
Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas

Linux User # 418229

-- PostgreSQL --
"TIP 4: No hagas 'kill -9' a postmaster"
http://www.postgresql-es.org
http://www.postgresql.org
http://www.planetpostgresql.org

-- DWH + BI --