PL/R Windows binary for PostgreSQL 8.4.x available for testing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject PL/R Windows binary for PostgreSQL 8.4.x available for testing
Date
List pgsql-general
Many people have been disappointed by the lack of a PL/R Windows binary
distribution since PostgreSQL 8.3 came out. Unfortunately the switch
from MinGW to MSVC as the Windows build system in Postgres 8.3
effectively rendered Windows an unsupported platform for PL/R.

I *finally* have made significant progress in this regard and have a
binary plr.dll available for testing with PostgreSQL 8.4.x.

Please find it here:
   http://www.joeconway.com/plr/plr.zip

This was compiled with VC 2005, against Postgres 8.4.x and R-2.10.x. and
is reported to work against somewhat older versions of R, but will *not*
work with earlier PostgreSQL. I'll have to build a binary for 8.3.x
specifically. Before I do anything more, however, I was hoping some
people might test it.

There is presently no installer. Drop plr.dll in your $libdir directory
-- typically that will be somewhere similar to:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\lib

The zip also includes plr.sql which must be run to load plr into your
database; copy that somewhere similar to:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\share\contrib

Finally there is a doc folder with html and pdf documentation.

Please let me know if you test -- successful or not.

Thanks,

Joe

Attachment