Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Milen A. Radev
Subject Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
WildWezyr написа:
> On Jan 21, 6:17 pm, mi...@radev.net ("Milen A. Radev") wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> For the test I changed all regional settings to "Polish (Poland)",
>> restarted the machine, created a new cluster and a new database (using
>> the commands from the last mail from Heikki).
>>
>> A side-note: tested exactly the same function but on "Bulgarian
>> (Bulgaria)" system locale and cluster and database created with
>> "Bulgarian_Bulgaria.1251" locale - no errors.
>>
>> --
>> Milen A. Radev
>>

> No error for Bulgarian locale might be related to absence of Bulgarian
> national characters in words generated by my test code. I've put only
> polish characters (ąćęłńóśźż) - and it fails with polish collation,
> but after removing polish characters - i get no error with polish
> collation. I thing it may behave exactly the same for Bulgarian - to
> produce errors you must modify letters to include Bulgarian chars
> (line: letters varchar(255) :=   'ąćęłńóśźżjklmnopqrstuvwxyz'; --<--
> put these letters here).
>
> Have you tried this?

Yes, actually I tried it yesterday but just to be sure I tried it again
today - no errors:

NOTICE:  i = 9999800
NOTICE:  i = 9999900
NOTICE:  i = 10000000

Total query runtime: 2231947 ms.
1 row retrieved.

The "letters" variable used in the test (in case you have the time to
try it yourself):
letters varchar(255) :=   'юяьъщшчцфjklmnopqrstuvwxyz';

And the database definition:

CREATE DATABASE spb
   WITH OWNER = postgres
        ENCODING = 'UTF8'
        LC_COLLATE = 'Bulgarian_Bulgaria.1251'
        LC_CTYPE = 'Bulgarian_Bulgaria.1251'
        CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;

The system locale is "Bulgarian (Bulgaria)".

--
Milen A. Radev