Re: Streaming Replication on win32 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Streaming Replication on win32
Date
Re: Streaming Replication on win32  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway wrote:
> OK, so now I see why we want this fixed for dblink and walreceiver, but
> doesn't this approach leave every other WIN32 libpq client out in the
> cold? Is there nothing that can be done for the general case, or is it a
> SMOP?

The problem only applies to libpq calls from the backend. Client apps
are not affected, only backend modules. If there's any other modules out
there that use libpq, then yes, those have a problem too.

A generic fix would be nice. Putting the wrapper functions in a new
header file that's included in all backend modules that want to use
libpq would work. Maybe the new header file could even be #included from
libpq-fe.h, when compiling backend code (#ifndef FRONTEND), so you
wouldn't need to modify dblink, walreceiver, or any 3rd party modules
that use libpq at all.