Re: \dt+ sizes don't include TOAST data - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: \dt+ sizes don't include TOAST data
Date
List pgsql-general
Florian Weimer wrote:
> The sizes displayed by \dt+ in version 8.4.2 do not take TOAST tables
> into account, presumably because the pg_relation_size does not reflect
> that, either.  I think this is a bit surprising.  From a user
> perspective, these are part of the table storage (I understand that
> the indices might be a different story, but TOAST table are a fairly
> deep implementation detail and should perhaps be hidden here).

As of last week there's a new pg_table_size available that does what you
want here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-01/msg00288.php

I don't believe \dt+ has been updated yet to use that though; that's
worth considering for a minute, not sure anybody thought about it yet.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com