Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: MySQL-ism help patch for psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Christensen escreveu:
> I whipped up a quick patch for supporting some of the common mysql-based
> "meta" commands; this is different than some things which have been
> discussed in the past, in that it provides just a quick direction to the
> appropriate psql command, not an actual alternative syntax for the same
> action.  This is not intended to be comprehensive, but just to provide
> proper direction

This idea was proposed and rejected later; search the archives. IMHO it's more
appropriated for a wiki page than a PostgreSQL-*especific* help command. If we
do that, we'll see requests like "why don't you add _my-favorite-db-here_ help
too?". So, -1.

--  Euler Taveira de Oliveira http://www.timbira.com/