Re: Git out of sync vs. CVS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Git out of sync vs. CVS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> I haven't looked at the fromcvs code yet to know how easy or
> hard it would be to use this logic within that package
Well, now I have looked.  It's about 2,000 lines of pretty dense
Ruby code (not as many comments as one would hope, especially since
there appears to be *no* other documentation of any sort).  On a
quick scan, they seem to be *trying* to do what I suggested, which
means that some sort of fix could probably be worked out, but that
the issue could be subtle enough that it could be hard to find.
Perhaps it is as simple, though, as using the client's time instead
of the CVS server's time -- that's one of the things I've seen cause
problems for this sort of thing using CVS before.  I haven't spotted
where they're getting the time.
Is there anyone fluent in Ruby who wants to look at this and see how
they're getting it?
http://ww2.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/hg/fromcvs/log/132
By the way, is anyone working on fixing up the current problem?
I've been talking about trying to prevent recurrences, but that's
not gonna help get the current problem solved....
-Kevin