Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matteo Beccati
Subject Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Il 14/01/2010 15:47, Dimitri Fontaine ha scritto:
> Matteo Beccati<php@beccati.com>  writes:
>> WITH RECURSIVE t (mailbox, uid, date, subject, sender, has_attachments,
>> parent_uid, idx, depth) AS (
>>    SELECT mailbox, uid, date, subject, sender, has_attachments, parent_uid,
>> uid::text, 1
>>    FROM arc_messages
>>    WHERE parent_uid IS NULL AND mailbox = 15
>>    UNION ALL
>>    SELECT a.mailbox, a.uid, a.date, a.subject, a.sender, a.has_attachments,
>> a.parent_uid, t.idx || '.' || a.uid::text, t.depth + 1
>>    FROM t JOIN arc_messages a USING (mailbox)
>>    WHERE t.uid = a.parent_uid
>> ) SELECT * FROM t ORDER BY idx
>>
>> Any improvements to sorting are welcome :)
>
> What I'd like would be to have it sorted by activity, showing first the
> thread which received the later messages. I'm yet to play with CTE and
> window function myself so without a database example to play with I
> won't come up with a nice query, but I guess a more educated reader will
> solve this without a sweat, as it looks easier than sudoku-solving,
> which has been done already :)

Eheh, that was my first try as well. CTEs look very nice even though I'm
not yet very comfortable with the syntax. Anyway both for date and
the bottom. Again I'll give it a try as soon as I find time to work
again on it.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati