Re: NOT NULL violation and error-message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: NOT NULL violation and error-message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I feel like we ought to be doing this in a way where the output is
> properly escaped.  Right now:
Yeah, that's been an occasional irritation for me, even though I
don't actually use quote characters in any of my quoted identifiers.
Also, tab-completion is irritating in not recognizing matching
column names when you start with a quote if the column name is
entirely lower case.
I would complain about generating a mix of quoted and non-quoted
column names in some places, but fixing that for me would
undoubtedly inconvenience others; I guess we have to consider that
behavior a feature.  But the other two just look like sloppy coding
to me; it's hard to see any excuse not to call them bugs, albeit
minor ones.
-Kevin