Re: postgres issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: postgres issue
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/01/2010 10:53 PM, Amy Smith wrote:
> all
> For dba, do you create a dba user and grant all privilege to 'dba user',
> so you can create table, etc ?
> For a team, do you create user for all team member and tie to a group ?
> Not sure the set up for postgres

However you prefer, really.

I prefer to create a role that owns a particular database and GRANT
people who administrate that database access to that role, but you can
just as easily do DBA work as a superuser if you trust your DBAs to
access _all_ your databases.

> also what is best way to create a production and test region  using the
> same database ?

If possible, don't.

Use separate databases in the same PostgreSQL instance or even a
different instance.

> How to use mount for differnt region.

I do not understand this question. Can you explain what you mean a bit more?

--
Craig Ringer