Re: Serializable Isolation without blocking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: Serializable Isolation without blocking
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> As I understand it, Greg's line of thinking is that we should use a
> technique which has never proven practical on a large scale:
> matching database changes against a list of predicate lock
> expressions.

I find that approach to predicate locking pretty interesting. However,
unlike others, it scales with the number of concurrently held locks. And
with the current trend towards multi-multi-core platforms, that might
get worse and worse (as concurrency must increase to efficiently use
these cores).

Regards

Markus Wanner