Re: snapshot generation broken again... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: snapshot generation broken again...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> John Naylor <jcnaylor@gmail.com> writes:
>> Here's a fix. Sorry, I didn't realize it was ever called without a
>> version number.
>
> It's not supposed to be.  If it fails to put the correct version number
> into the .bki file, initdb will spit up.  This is really a makefile bug,
> not genbki's fault.

really? there are provisions withing genbki.pl that are supposed to
provide a proper error message(and would have likely helped to find the
issue in that case as well):

die "Version not specified or wrong format.\n" if !defined $major_version;

however due to the way the current checks are executed you won't
actually see that error...

Stefan