Re: Type modifiers for DOMAIN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Type modifiers for DOMAIN
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>     /* Domains never accept typmods, so no typmodin/typmodout needed */
> but can we relax the restriction? This feature would be useful for migration
> from other DBMSes that have non-standard data types.

For migration, wouldn't it be adequate simply to ignore the typemod?  Or
to allow it as part of the type name? e.g.:

create domain "varchar2(10)" AS varcharcheck ( length(value) <= 10 );

I know that wouldn't actually work, but you see what I'm getting at?

--Josh Berkus