Re: Testing with concurrent sessions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Date
Re: Testing with concurrent sessions  ("David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com>)
Re: Testing with concurrent sessions  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> wrote:
> Last I heard, Andrew was willing to require Test::More for
> testing, so that a Perl script could handle multiple psql
> connections (perhaps forked) and output test results based on
> them. But he wasn't as interested in requiring DBI and DBD::Pg,
> neither of which are in the Perl core and are more of a PITA to
> install (not huge, but the barrier might as well stay low).
OK, I've gotten familiar with Perl as a programming language and
tinkered with Test::More.  What's not clear to me yet is what would
be considered good technique for launching several psql sessions
from that environment, interleaving commands to each of them, and
checking results from each of them as the test plan progresses.  Any
code snippets or URLs to help me understand that are welcome.  (It
seems clear enough with DBI, but I'm trying to avoid that per the
above.)
-Kevin