Re: timestams in the the pg_standby output - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: timestams in the the pg_standby output
Date
List pgsql-general
Tim Uckun wrote:
> I guess the next thing to try is to tail the log file and create a new
> log file with the timestamps.

See, told you it was harder than it looked :)

I knew there was a gotcha here in the seemingly easy way to approach
this but just couldn't remember the details of why it fell apart.
There's a gotcha in running "tail -f" into some programs too--for
example, to pipe that into grep you need to change grep's buffering
mode.  I suspect the Perl program I suggested will look less like
overkill by the time you're done here.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com