Re: DB is slow until DB is reloaded - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: DB is slow until DB is reloaded
Date
List pgsql-performance
Madison Kelly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I've got a fairly small DB...
>
>   It slows down over time and I can't seem to find a way to get the
> performance to return without doing a dump and reload of the database...

Some questions:

Is autovacuum running? This is the most likely suspect. If not, things
will bloat and you won't be getting appropriate "analyze" runs. Speaking
of which, what happens if you just run "analyze"?

And as long as you are dumping and reloading anyway, how about version
upgrading for bug reduction, performance improvement, and cool new features.

Cheers,
Steve