Re: Testing with concurrent sessions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com> wrote:
> I think the consensus was, failing support for concurrent sessions
> in psql, to use a Perl script to control multiple psql sessions
> and perhaps use Test::More to do the testing.
Are there any examples of that?  While I can hack my way through
regular expressions when I need them, perl as a language is
something I don't know at all; with an example I might be able to
come up to speed quickly, though.
> Although pgTAP might make sense, too, if the
> tests ought to run in the database.
I need to run statements against a database; I don't particularly
need any special features of psql for this.  Can anyone confirm that
pgTAP can let you interleave specific statements against specific
connections in a specific sequence?  (The answer to that didn't leap
out at me in a quick scan of the docs.)
-Kevin