how do I disable automatic start on mac os x? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Withers
Subject how do I disable automatic start on mac os x?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All,

I installed postgres from the enterprisedb-maintained one-click
installer at http://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx.

However, it starts automatically when the machine boots up, and I'd like
it only to start when I manually start it.

I've found an entry in launchd:

$ sudo launchctl list | grep post
com.edb.launchd.postgresql-8.4

...but I can't find where this comes from:

$ sudo find / -name com.edb.launchd.postgresql-8.4
$

Where do I find this entry to disable it?
(and, perhaps showing my Mac-ignorance, is there a GUI for launchd
configuration that I'm somehow missing?)

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk