Re: pg_dump ERROR, usename "postgres" duplicated - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gastón Quiroga
Subject Re: pg_dump ERROR, usename "postgres" duplicated
Date
List pgsql-general
The upgrade works, thank you all !

Gastón Quiroga
Allytech S.A.

Adrian Klaver wrote:

----- "Gastón Quiroga" <gastonq@allytech.com> wrote:

Thank You Tom:
I'll Try to make an update, but the 2 fields are equals row by row,
how could I make a difference in the "WHERE" statement?

Regards

Gastón Quiroga
Allytech S.A.

Tom Lane wrote:

Gastón <tango@allytech.com> writes:

It's Postgres version 8.0.8 Well, that's pretty ancient, and I see at
least one bug in the release
history that could result in duplicated rows.  I'd counsel an update
8.0.something-recent.  You can probably delete the extra row using
a WHERE on ctid.
		regards, tom lane
Per Toms previous post use the following query:
select ctid,xmin,xmax,* from pg_shadow;

Then use the ctid value of the duplicate value in the where clause.

Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net