PQescapeByteaConn and the new hex encoding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matteo Beccati
Subject PQescapeByteaConn and the new hex encoding
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

I've been playing with the 8.5alpha3 in the last few days. Among other
things, I'm making sure that the pgsql PHP extensions still work
correctly with the new version. It would seems so, as all the errors in
the standard pgsql extension test suite come from the fact that
PQescapeByteaConn now defaults to the new "hex" format when connected to
a 8.5+ server, which is cool. It's just a matter of updating the tests.

However, before taking a look at the actual code and understanding its
behaviour, I tried using "SET bytea_output = 'escape'" and I was
expecting PQescapeByteaConn to honour it. Not sure if changing the
current behaviour is at all possible, desirable and really worth it, but
I'm going to hold the patches to the php test suite until I get some
feedback here.

Thoughts?

Cheers
--