Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Florian G. Pflug
Subject Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 15.12.09 23:38 , Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut<peter_e@gmx.net>  writes:
>> So to summarize, this is just a bad idea.  Creating a less obscure
>> way to use -Werror might be worthwhile, though.
>
> I suppose we could add "--with-Werror" but it seems pretty
> specialized to me.  A more appropriate solution would allow the user
> to provide flags that get added to CFLAGS only after we do all the
> configure tests (implying that it's on the user's head that these
> flags are right and don't break anything, but then again that's
> pretty much true of up-front CFLAGS too).  And that basically
> describes COPTS ... the only thing lacking is documentation.

For what it's worth, I agree. Though we might want to arrange for
configure to store the value of COPT somewhere so that  COPT="-Werror" ./configure  make
works which it currently doesn't seem to.

best regards,
Florian Pflug