Re: Patch: Remove gcc dependency in definition of inline functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kurt Harriman
Subject Re: Patch: Remove gcc dependency in definition of inline functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/15/2009 1:31 PM, Marko Kreen wrote:
> Do you have actual proof that MSVC launches warnings on unused
> "static inline" functions?  Not "static", but "static inline".

Yes, I tried it, and that's why I did it this way.

> If yes, indeed we need to fix it.  MSVC is broken then, but it does
> not matter as we need to work well on it.  We can fix it with either
> force-inline, or equivalent with gcc's __attribute__((unused)).

Microsoft doesn't support the gcc __attribute__ syntax, AFAIK.

They have a few other gewgaws, like __declspec__, but I didn't
find one that helps with this problem.

Regards,
... kurt