Re: Inserts taking exponentially longer as table size grows - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Inserts taking exponentially longer as table size grows
Date
List pgsql-bugs
postgres bee <postgres_bee@live.com> wrote:

> insertion time is increasing as the data in the table is growing.

You have given no indication that there is a bug.  Please re-post to
the performance list, but first you should read these pages (both
referenced in the description of the performance list):

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

If you provide the suggested details, someone can probably help you;
not much chance of that with the vague description you've given so
far.  (Hint, slower inserts with larger tables is not a general
problem with PostgreSQL, we we need to figure out what specific
thing you're doing which causes this for you.)

-Kevin