Re: getaddrinfo.c error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: getaddrinfo.c error
Date
List pgsql-general
On 13/12/2009 3:45 PM, 关外流浪 wrote:
> Hi,guys.I am a student who want to study PostgreSQL.I encountered the
> following errors which I don't know how to fix while I using eclipse to
> built pgsql:

Eclipse isn't a C compiler. It's an integrated development environment.
I assume you're using GCC as your compiler, since that's what Eclipse's
C development tools want to use, but how did you set the project up?

Are you using PostgreSQL's original `configure' script? Or did you just
import the sources into Eclipse and let it create a new build script?

You should really just stick to using PostgreSQL's existing, tested
build tools and a well tested and supported compiler. You can still use
something like Eclipse if you want to use an IDE to edit the sources -
you just need to set the project up to use the existing postgresql
configure script etc when building.

If you do not think that your use of Eclipse is the problem, then please
try running "./configure" then "make" on a fresh copy of the PostgreSQL
sources to demonstrate that the problem happens even without Eclipse's
involvement.

--
Craig Ringer