Re: numeric cast oddity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: numeric cast oddity
Date
List pgsql-general
As I mentioned, it is more then just a headers issue it is a type issue.

I have a view that has a column of type numeric(20,4)

If I replace that column with -1::numeric(20,4) or - (1::numeric(20,4))
the type that goes to the view is numeric without any scale or precision
and then I get an error that I cannot change the column type.

It seems to be a negative number issue because if I use a positive
number or null it gives me the numeric(20,4) it is only for negative
that it gives me the numeric without scale or precision.

Sim