Re: Adding support for SE-Linux security - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Adding support for SE-Linux security
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> In words of one syllable: I do not care at all whether the NSA would use
> Postgres, if they're not willing to come and help us build it.

There's several 2-syllable words there.  ;-)
If we
> tried to build it without their input, we'd probably not produce what
> they want anyway.

Yeah, the *complete* lack of input/help from the security community
aside from the occasional "SE Linux good" posts we've gotten is
troubling.  We could end up with a SQL-J.

Kaigai, you've said that you could get SELinux folks involved in the
patch review.  I think it's past time that they were; please solicit them.

--Josh Berkus