Re: use log_statement to log only SELECTs? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: use log_statement to log only SELECTs?
Date
List pgsql-general
Brian Witt wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  I was afraid of that.  Can I make this a
> feature request?  How do I do that?  Should I add it to this page:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo

Generally it's better to see if there's at least some general support
for an idea before adding it to the TODO list.  In this case, I don't
think you'll find any.  The current way you get everything out of
log_statement is completely reasonable for most people, and I doubt
you'll ever get one of the folks who hack on PostgreSQL to work on the
feature you'd like unless you paid them to.  You'd need a much better
justification for why you can't just filter things out of the log
yourself before it would be worth further complicating the code
involved.  It's just not a common request--if anything, you might find
people want everything *but* SELECTs.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com