CommitFest 2009-11: Two weeks (and a little) update - Mailing list pgsql-rrreviewers

From Greg Smith
Subject CommitFest 2009-11: Two weeks (and a little) update
Date
Re: CommitFest 2009-11: Two weeks (and a little) update  (Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: CommitFest 2009-11: Two weeks (and a little) update  (Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec>)
List pgsql-rrreviewers
Now that we've cleared the holiday and gotten a few more reviews in,
wanted to summarize where we're at again and remind everyone we're
waiting on of that fact.  The pace of reviews is holding up the rest of
the CommitFest progress now, and there's not that much work left to do
be done.  One more good push and this could be over from the reviewer side.

We still have no reviewer assigned to following patches yet:

SE-PostgreSQL/Lite
DTrace Memory management probes
DTrace SLRU and executor probes

SE-PostgreSQL/Lite is at least getting some discussion on the lists
now.  If any of the people who were suggesting they couldn't help out
until around now can handle DTrace patches, looking at one or both of
those would be helpful.

The following patches have a reviewer who's not a committer, but we
haven't heard anything from them yet:

Largeobject access controls (Abhijit Menon-Sen)
XLogInsert: move some work out of critical section (Stephen Frost)
EXPLAIN BUFFERS (Euler Taveira de Oliveira)

Since the last of those two are being reviewed by committers I'm not
worried about them.  As for Abhijit, Stephen, and Euler:  can I get a
confirmation whether you're working on the review?  I think we can get
other people to look at these if you just can't find the time.

Another problem right now are patches where a review was done, the patch
updated, and now a re-review is needed.  I've been trying to not give
anyone a hard time over these, as in many cases the initial review was
done quite quickly, but they're starting to pile up now:

tsearch parser inefficiency with urls or emails.   Kevin Grittner
ProcessUtility_hook   Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Operator Exclusion Constraints   Robert Haas
Syntax for partitioning   Marko Tiikkaja
Aggregate ORDER BY support   Hitoshi Harada
add more frame types in window functions (ROWS)   Andrew Gierth

Again, if anyone on this list had time before but doesn't now, please
just let me know.  Getting a second person for the re-review is a good
thing for that patch if we can marshal the resources, and if it's still
going to be a while before you can revisit the patch yourself that may
be what we need to do.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com