Re: Next patch - Mailing list pgsql-rrreviewers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Next patch
Date
List pgsql-rrreviewers
Jeff Davis wrote:
> I'm ready to review the next patch. I'm interested in the partitioning
> patches, so if there aren't already plenty of people looking at those, I
> can take a shot at it. I also may be able to look at Synch Rep, if it
> would be helpful.

You can certainly grab any of those you like.  I think the learning
curve is pretty steep though, as both have known issues that are being
corrected by the author already and it might take you a while to catch up.

> Also, is there any version of fault-tolerant copy up for review this
> commitfest?

No, but that's just because Emmanuel got frustrated with the community
reaction and didn't bother resubmitting.  You can see the history there
at https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=173 and where
that left off at.  If you wanted to take a stab at improving the patch
to incorporate the feedback provided, and potentially do things like
merge with Andrew Dunstan's "Ragged CSV Import" feature, I think that
would be an excellent project for you to work on (particularly since it
would benefit Truviso too).  I think that some of it might cross-over
with the work being done on "COPY FROM function" too.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com