Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
>>> But we *do* allow higher locks than AccessShareLocks, as Tatsuo-sans
>>> example shows. Is that a bug?
>> Sorry for confusion. My example is under normal PostgreSQL, not under
>> HS enabled.
>
> Are you saying you want it to work in HS mode?
>
> Why would you want to PREPARE an INSERT, but never execute it?

well I can easily imagine an application that keeps persistent
connections and prepares all the queries it might execute after it does
the initial connection yet being still aware of the master/slave setup.
So the scenario would be "prepare but never execute as long as we are in  recovery - but once we left recovery we can
usethem".

Stefan